How can we improve Indaba Music?

Add An "Update Submission" Button.

An "update submission" option would be beneficial for all parties.

1.) It supports community interaction, people with less mixing experience can update projects without losing votes / comments & the artists with more experience can be followed by people trying to learn to see how they go about there process from step to step. (Say I lay down a basic chord progression and melody - upload - then the next day come back and record some drums - upload) You could hear what the mix sounded like to learn the benefits of mastering - we could hear what a mix sounded like before sending it off to the 3rd party for mastering...etc

2.) I'm sure I am not the only one who does a whole remix the night the competition is released, then waits til the last week to upload, only to upload nearly what we had to begin with or not upload it at all because we can't perfect it. We could give a % of completion or write little updates on the bottom of the track if everything didn't have to be time stamped to say "hey, still needs to get mixed & mastered" or "hey, work has been crazy - no time to mix and master...etc" I personally would love to do every competition and I try to but I hate to think that people think my best work is my most recent work because pursuing music prior to making money isn't always the easiest thing to do when real life calls.

Conclusion.)

I could go on, but I think it is easy to grasp the benefits of the concept.

What makes Indaba great, aside from the obvious - great opportunity - is the community. It feels great to get a complimented and even though we don't always appreciate or agree with some critiques we may receive...all opinions are relevant in the world of music (and equally irrelevant lol) ---- all it can do is make us better.

It would give me more of a reason to be active on your website & more of a reason to be a "premium member" which as a business I understand has to be an important factor as well.

*** On Nov 23, 2013 "Sound file updating/reuploading possiblity" was posted and received 31 votes & 3 comments (see link at bottom) to support and nothing has happened and no response to my knowledge has been made to the community...I don't usually make these posts --- actually I have never made a post like this on any site...but I think it truly would be a game changer for indaba and for the concept of indaba as a whole.

****Obviously, you would not be able to alter the file once the submission deadline had ended.****

http://feedback.indabamusic.com/forums/193262-ideas/suggestions/5053488-sound-file-updating-reuploading-possibility

Aside from that, Indaba is perfect in my opinion.

Thanks for all you guys do!

-Roz

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon