How can we improve Indaba Music?

just make the core work and stop fiddling with the unreliable edges of the site.

VERY CYNICAL>>>(but very annoyed 1.5 years on).

In Safari you have some layout problems. 10.6.8, Safari 5.1.10 (lots of mac people use this stage of OSX owing to many Logic plug-ins not working past this OSX point of 10.6.8 aka Snow leopard. There have been a lot of mac problems at Indaba in the past, mostly to do with you guys running away with the latest OSX and not understanding mac users (especially music and video editor users) do not chase the latest Operating System unless they've migrated from Windows so still think it's important. Just like Windows you need to test your site in at least 3 versions of Mac OS. 10.6, [big change in mac system] 10.7, 10.8 and now Mavericks whatever the fuck that is. Picture of your bad layout: 
/Users/user/Desktop/Indaba incorrect.png Nope that pic didn't find a home in
I notice your text box (here and everywhere) line return is still wrong after what, 2 years? Hit return and it stay on the same line. This is basic as it gets. Page one of html but you add all your bells and whistles and now line returns don't work in Safari. I think I've told you in various ways about 8 times. Yeah but look at the little man flying. It's amazing you can be so inattentive and shoddy in your work. Well it's your lazy job you'll be judged on in the future. I would employ NO ONE from indaba.I would rather employ a stranger off the street than any of you. Bad, eh?
Hopeless reporting to you guys really. You don't make things work better, you just massively overload pages with a bunch of eye candy and you fiddle with that eye candy. Also those pages can't really be referenced from outside because you have all sorts in the wrong order.
That's what I see as a designer of 35 years anyway. Try fixing the root of the problem (which is you lot actually), but seeing as you can't all sack each other, try experiencing the site from outside as badly as you can. Tried it on dial-up? of course you haven't. Tried it in more than an iPhone? Well it doesn't even work on that. Day 2 of being a designer - how and when does my thing NOT work? It's the very basics. You are screwing up something that was very good.
IN SHORT, STOP PISSING ABOUT AND MAKE THE SITE WORK.
That would be helpful to all of us trying to use Indaba. Well, I stopped trying a while back thanks to the idiot programmers. I will not spend day after day letting idiots annoy me with bad programming so I went away and other things, as I will do now. Again

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)