How can we improve Indaba Music?

allow remixers the ability to update the audio file without deleting the existing entry.

as it is now, editing an existing entry does not include the ability to upload an updated audio track. sometimes after a mix has been completed, the remixer might hear something later or someone else might provide the remixer with some feedback that inspires a change. it would be nice to be able to do that without losing comments and listens.

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Reyna shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • djrodneybalai commented  · 

I do not agree. This will be abused. If you submit you have to be absolutely sure that it's the final version. If not then you need to reenter again.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Seems like that could be abused though. Upload to get a jump on comments early, then they could keep re-uploading longer and longer versions keeping more and more comments while changing the track and completely changing a part I might have commented that I liked. So I have to say I disagree. This would be abused, people should just listen carefully to their track before submitting. If you catch something, then you learn to be more careful the next time. People already play the upload as fast as you can game to try and get their song into the "hot" or popular spots knowing it pretty much guarantees them a closer listen. So yeah, I couldn't disagree more.

• Bryce commented  · 

I agree 100 percent.

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base