How can we improve Indaba Music?

Better compatibility with Chrome

Many, many ppl use this browser and it just doesn't work on your site. Half of the time it won't load. It's the ONLY website that literally freezes my computer, and I get more "Oops 500 internal errors" on this site than I've ever seen anywhere. These glitches have been happening ever since you made the switch to the new design. Who did the coding? Was it all in-house? I'm no expert but I can tell when something isn't working.....

As a normal contributor it's really starting to get to me. I've tried to be as patient as possible. It's been over a year since you switched up the website, correct? Considering not renewing for next year and finding somewhere else to collab...

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JoeSchmoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jürgen Joherl commented  · 

Oh yes...I'm experiencing the same with using Chrome browser....bad scripting maybe?

• Sam x commented  · 

Yes I am having the same problem..I click on opportunities and it will not move!

• Kelly commented  · 

Yeah, Indabamusic site is seriously having loading issues with my windows 8 internet explorer, so hard to navigate through the site with out it freezing and not getting anywhere!

• Andrew Kelley commented  · 

We are actively working on transitioning from our legacy infrastructure to a newer one that will have fewer bugs yet allow us to build new things more quickly. This transition started around September 2012 and is ongoing. This is what causes the 500 Oops pages to appear.

I'm really sorry that you've been having a bad experience. We've been working hard to try to make it better for you and everyone else. There are a lot of legacy problems to solve, but we're getting through them one at a time. We're also taking advantage of the new platform to release some new products and features, which we will announce soon.

Here are the Indaba devs: https://github.com/indabamusic?tab=members

If you run into a specific issue with the site, please report it! We will fix it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base