How can we improve Indaba Music?

Moderate Listening Party Submissions

While the idea of a listening party is executed nicely on Indaba, I feel as if it has one major flaw. It's a system that is supposed to be used in order to get feedback on a mix, showcase creations, and inspire innovative music concepts; conversely, people take advantage of such a system by spending hours on end posting their same song over and over again for the purpose of increasing their view count. I understand if perhaps new people are introduced to the party or if one is presenting a song when the volume of people is high; however that does not mean that one particular has to play their song consecutively in order to better their own chances. This is a community for musicians, not a popularity free for all.

One suggestion I would advise is to place a limit on submission per track every 12-24 hours. For example, If someone has made a remix by Fleur, they can only show off that particular track a certain number of times before they have reached the submission threshold and will either have to submit works from their votes or another contest they have entered.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)