How can we improve Indaba Music?

well for one pick a winner that deserves to when that featured artist contest was a joke the ones who one i never heard of

I mean the winner had 3 votes what is that so votes don't matter sounds rigged to me just lost a person who thought indaba was awesome it almost sounds like cheating how can someone with a 1000 votes not even place? come on guys that's wack!!!!!!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminBrian (Admin, Indaba Music) responded  · 

Hey Chris,

Votes do not impact the decision of the judges for any category other than the “Popular Vote Category.” It’s ok to disagree with the decision as everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, I need to make it clear that there is connection between number of votes and being selected as a winner in the Grand Prize category.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • R commented  · 

Its crap it should be judged on sonic quality and skill alone nothing to do with popular vote because that means the first ones to get their mixes out will get more votes because i have seen so many last minute entries that are 1000% better than absolutely every crap submission that gets popular vote so either this is rigged or these listeners are deaf.

• Terry commented  · 

Indaba Music is one big scam, they will steal your music, your ideals, then create a fake submission to win their own judging contest so that they want have to pay the real winners, so they create fake submission, please stay away from Indaba they are one BIG Scam out to seal other artists ideals and possibly your music Brian McFarland is one big head bitch scam artist.

• Terry commented  · 

Indaba Music is one big scam, they will steal your music, your ideals, then create a fake submission to win their own judging contest so that they want have to pay the real winners, so they create fake submission, please stay away from Indaba they are one BIG Scam out to seal other artists ideals and possibly your music Brian McFarland is one big head bitch scam artist.

• JoWes commented  · 

I don't think people really understand that if the judge listens to a track, and the track isn't really what they are looking for, then they will bypass it and move on to the next one. Votes don't matter, and folks don't seem to grasp that concept. SMH. I for one listen to the tracks and can honestly say that most of them I wouldn't select, but for some reason those tracks get a LOT of votes. Just tells me that "non industry" people like just about anything. But at the end of the day, the Judges (artists) are in the industry and already know what's hot.

Feedback and Knowledge Base