Ideas

Tell us what would make Indaba Music better.

How can we improve Indaba Music?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Mac/safari

Maybe it would be good to have version of your website for Safari browser. It is annoying each time I am trying access your site from Mac, iPad or iPhone.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Instructions for how to enter the lottery player.

I see your page telling me to go take part in the lottery player at the listen & vote section. I can listen fine, but I have no idea how to enter the lottery despite the fact that it says "enter the lottery to play your submission next". How in the world do you enter the lottery? Perhaps this is why there is nobody in there, because nobody knows how to enter?

6 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Marked "sample" song section listening/playback option

We all know listening to every song in its entirety is impossible. So relatively short samples ARE being listened to. That's the way it is. As it should be - it gives everyone a better chance of being heard.

Since that is the case, why not determine a sample length and give contestants the ability assign where this is in the song. Heck, make it a mandatory part of the submission.

Indaba could make clear what they want out of the chosen sample for example:
        --"mark your chorus-verse-bridge-outro so we can efficiently get a sense of the different song sections' …

3 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)